Frequently Asked Questions
Please click on any of the questions below. They will expand to reveal the answer.
If any of your questions are not answered, please contact us here.
Why should I choose Scandinavian Makeup Academy?
By professional international makeup artist school we mean:
- Our teachers are top of the league. We only hire the best international makeup artists as teachers. They are educated from the best European and American makeup schools which guarantees a high-end international level of education. Our students will only get as good as their teachers can make them, so this is important!
- Professional pictures for your portfolio are included in the price. For the exams we have professional photographers taking pictures of your work for your portfolio in our photo studio. The portfolio is the key for your future work.
- All makeup products are included in the price which saves you both a lot of trouble and money getting the right products.
- You will have 2-5 different teachers. We always have minimum 2 different teachers for each course – and for the 12 weeks course 3-5 teachers. This ensures that you will get lots of inspiration and insight in different ways of being a brilliant makeup artist.
- Our school is based in a great location in the center of Bangkok – placed in walking distance from both a subway station (Phetchaburi) and a BTS station (Asoke). It may sound trivial, but if you know Bangkok, you know that transport is a nightmare and Asoke is a really nice area for students.
- We will get your professional network started. Our teachers and founders are deeply rooted in the creative environment of Bangkok. We will introduce you to professional photographers, models and most likely also work opportunities, but it is up to you to catch the opportunities.
Do you provide a certification or diploma?
Yes, after successfully completed course we provide a certification from Scandinavian Makeup Academy to certify that you’ve graduated from the academy.
When is the next course starting?
Our full 12 weeks makeup artist course consist of 7 sub-courses which you can take separately.
Please read about all the courses and see start dates on the course pages here.
Are photos for my portfolio included?
Yes, digital photos of your work are included.
This is normally an expensive service, but we’ve invested in a professional photo studio at the school and our network of professional photographers takes and retouches pictures for you portfolio. All included in the price of the course.
This is probably one of the most most underestimated services of many other makeup artist schools – as a professional portfolio will help you to get your career started.
Please see our Gallery to view pictures from our previous students.
Do you supply student visa?
No, we do not supply student visa as our courses are too short for the authorities to accept them under the student visa regulations.
Most students from most countries do however not need a student visa. Most students apply for a student visa which normally is or can be extended to 3 months – which is more than enough to cover the length of our longest course.
We are happy to help you with invitation letters, enrolment confirmation letters or any other documentation that you may be asked for.
I want to become a makeup artist, what course should I choose?
If you wish to become a professional Makeup Artist and do not have experience with makeup artistry we recommend you take the 12 weeks Full Professional Course as it include all the courses we have, both Fundamental and Advanced techniques.
How to enrol?
In order to complete enrolment and to guarantee your seat – we ask you to fill out a enrolment scheme and a deposit of 30 000,- THB for a Full 12 weeks Course or 10 000,- THB for any sub-course.
I am not from Thailand - where can I live in Bangkok?
We have contact to many different apartment options for your stay. Please contact us for more information.
What are the course days and hours?
Our courses are Monday to Friday from 10.00 am to 5 pm with 1 hour break during the day.